PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, SINCE YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS, AND CREATES A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT.
- Legal Agreement
The terms and conditions set forth in this document apply to all visitors (“Users” or “you”) to bookmozo.com website (“Site”), and constitute a binding, legal agreement (“Agreement”) between the User and bookmozo.com (Academic India – owner of bookmozo.com, referred as “Bookmozo”).
Please read the information below carefully. By using the Site, you accept the terms and conditions described below, and you warrant and represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement.
Bookmozo provides tools, services and marketplace for published-on-demand, self-published and other books. Hand-written or Digital Copy of books (“Content”) are accepted by Bookmozo for publication, and conversion to print and digital form when it is ordered or to be sold in print or electronic form as authorized.
“Content” includes text, files, design templates, images, photos, video, sounds, works of authorship, and other material. Your “Book Content” includes Content that you include in the Books, submit to Bookmozo for Books and print services, or that you contribute to the Books of other Members.
If you include any information that could be used to identify you, such as your personal phone number, e-mail address or a government-issued ID number, (collectively “Personal Data”) in your Content, it will be included with your Content when sold. By including Personal Data in the Content you post, you authorize Bookmozo to disclose that Personal Data as part of the Content. You may not include Personal Data about other people in your Content.
By sending your Content to Bookmozo, you grant that Bookmozo, in service to the creator may excerpt your Content, excluding any Personal Data that may have been included, for use in marketing materials, and Bookmozo may make minor modifications to the Content for technical reasons. Bookmozo need not credit you and/or the original artist, nor required to seek your consent for this purpose. You further agree that Bookmozo may make minor modifications to the Content for technical reasons.
By sending your Content to Bookmozo you represent and warrant, at all times during the term of this Agreement, that the Content:
- Is owned by you or, to the extent owned by someone else, that you have permission to provide the Content to Bookmozo for use as described above and, in either case, that the Content does not contain any Personal Data about any individual other than you;
- Does not violate any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party;
- Does not invade any individual’s right of privacy or publicity;
- Does not contain material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- Does not include malicious code, which includes, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, data, or personal information (including Personal Data);
- Does not break the law, facilitate the breaking of the law, or violate any applicable regulation or Bookmozo rule or policy;
- Does not offer or disseminate fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, or promote domain names, URLs, or hyperlinks that constitute commercial content such as that found in advertising, promotions, or solicitations;
- To the best of your knowledge, all factual information in the Content you upload is true and accurate, and the use of any recipe, formula, or instruction in the Content will not result in personal injury to any person. Despite all this, Bookmozo cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Content.
Bookmozo reserves the right to refuse to permit your publication on the Site of any Content that Bookmozo, in its sole discretion, deems in violation of the terms and conditions set forth above.
In addition, you represent and warrant that you have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement, and that the entering into of this Agreement does not conflict with any arrangements or agreements between you and any other person or entity.
- Responsibility of content
Users are solely responsible for all the content they send to Bookmozo. Views expressed by members in their content are their individual views and Bookmozo is not responsible for any such views, expressions, ideas, comments, statements and content of the same.
- Bookmozo does not review the contents of a Book or other information provided by the users for in any way before they are published.
- Bookmozo does not verify, endorse or otherwise vouch for the contents of any books published here.
- Users can be held legally liable for the contents of their books and may be held legally accountable if their books include, for example, defamatory comments or material protected by copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret law without the permission of the author or owner.
- The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Bookmozo, its employees, directors, officers, agents and their successors and assigns from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, caused by or arising from or in connection with the contents of the member’s book, including any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, loss of service by other members and infringement of intellectual property or other rights.
- License and Ownership of Content
When you send Content to Bookmozo, you keep your copyright, but you grant that Bookmozo will provide a service to post, display, copy, and sell that Content within the limitations you set during the publishing process. In order for Bookmozo to be able to provide you with our Services, you hereby agree to provide us with the following licenses to use your Book Content:
- License to publish your Books.You hereby grant to Bookmozo a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully-paid and royalty-free license (a“License”) to reproduce and distribute your Book Content for the purpose of publishing the Books that you order or that you authorize for purchase by others, and for any other related purpose that you authorize (including the use by other Members as a contribution to their Books). You agree that Bookmozo reserves the right to maintain the electronic files for any Book(s) to fulfill any further orders which may be placed for such Book(s) and to maintain an archival copy of the printed Book.
- License to use your Book Content for optional Bookmozo features.In the event you decide to use any optional feature that Bookmozo may offer, such as allowing others to search for and see an electronic preview of your Book(s) or applications to use the Services in connection with other services and online communities, you hereby grant to Bookmozo a License to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, use, and otherwise make available the designated Book(s), any Book Content therein, and any other data and information you provide in connection with the optional feature, as required for Bookmozo to provide such optional feature.
Users agree to respect the privacy and confidentiality. Users acknowledge that their right to use the Service is personal to them, unless expressed otherwise. User agrees not to resell the Service without the express consent of Bookmozo. Users are entirely responsible for not maintaining the confidentiality of their password and account. Users shall be fully liable for all use of their account, including any unauthorized use of their account by any third-party.
- ISBN Numbers and Publisher Status
Bookmozo may provide features that permit you to include an International Standard Book Number (“ISBN”) with your Book. Depending on the features, you may be permitted to acquire an ISBN through Bookmozo or provide your own ISBN for inclusion in your Book. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, NOTWITHSTANDING THE METHOD YOU USE TO OBTAIN AN ISBN FOR YOUR BOOK(S), YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU BEAR THE FULL AND ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PUBLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR BOOKS (INCLUDING YOUR BOOK CONTENT).
- Fess and Payment Terms
You acknowledge that Bookmozo reserves the right to charge for Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion, upon posting by Bookmozo on the Website. Upon using the Services, you will be responsible for the payment of any applicable fees, and shall pay such fees to Bookmozo as set forth on the Website.
You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your orders and purchases (including any taxes imposed on your orders and purchases, including, but not limited to, sales, use or value-added taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. Bookmozo may automatically charge and withhold such taxes for orders to be delivered to addresses within any jurisdictions that it deems is required.
For purchasing books and services on Bookmozo, the payment forms available on the checkout page or as communicated by Bookmozo team would be acceptable.
- Order Acceptance
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify Bookmozo’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Bookmozo reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Bookmozo further reserves the right any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Your order will be deemed accepted by Bookmozo upon our delivery of the products that you have ordered. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
All sales of Books and other products are subject to Bookmozo’s then-current return policies, as posted on the Website. Books purchased through Bookmozo are published as they are ordered. Because the books are published on demand, Bookmozo cannot cancel orders, accept returns or provide refunds on these products. Bookmozo accepts no responsibility for the quality of the content (including misspelled words, grammatical errors, etc.), its design or overall appearance. Our publishing platform is open to everyone and the authors decide the content and design quality. Our staff does not monitor or check individual content prior to publication through our web site. If you receive a product with production defect (missing pages, torn corners etc.), we will provide a replacement copy. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your order number and the defect you found.
- Shipping and Delivery
Products ordered through website for delivery within India are shipped through our courier partner if the delivery service to the destination is available. In absence of courier service to the desired location, the products are shipped through Indian Postal Service. We do not ship to any locations outside India.
The shipping time mentioned anywhere on the website are approximate and we cannot guarantee them. Customers are recommended to place an order early on if they have a deadline to meet. Apart from the shipping time, the publish on demand books also need 5-7 business days for production. We attempt to dispatch all the orders within 7 business days from the date of finalization of order.
- Withdrawal of Content and Termination of Account
Users can put a takedown request for their books anytime. It may take upto 7 business days for the take down to be effective. Bookmozo reserves all rights to fulfill the orders received in that period. Content may be retained in our archives to the extent required by or back-up systems, or at Bookmozo’s discretion, for archival purposes. Account deletion and removal of personal data may likewise take up to 7 business days to take effect.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
Users expressly agree that the use of the service is at their sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Bookmozo expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Bookmozo makes no warranty that the services will meet the member’s requirements, or the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor does Bookmozo make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained through the service or that defects in the software will be corrected. User understands and agrees that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at the user’s own discretion and risk and user will be solely responsible for any damage to their computer systems or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. Bookmozo makes no warranty regarding any transactions entered into through the service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, which the member obtains from Bookmozo or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.